Peter Kaye is a founding member and director of the Institute.. In addition to undertaking consulting and auditing work for the Australian Social & Ethical Accountability Centre of which he is also a director Peter is also the Managing Director and Principal Consultant of Consultgroup (a division of Larkin & Kaye Consulting Services Pty Ltd), specialising in board and management support to Community Organisations and Business Enterprises throughout Australia and the South Pacific.
Peter is a qualified Economist (BEc. Sydney University), Adult Educator (Grad. Dip Ad Ed, University of Technology), Graduate and Fellow of the Institute of Company Directors, and a Fellow of the Institute of Financial Services. His professional interests focus on Strategic Planning; Business and Market Development; Social & Ethical Accountability, Corporate Governance, Pacific Microfinance and Micro-Enterprises; and Human Resource Management.
As a consultant Peter has completed projects, organisational reviews and strategic planning assignments for business and community enterprises, credit unions, co-operatives and Government Departments/authorities throughout Australia and 15 other countries. His conference and public speaking engagements include the topics of: Service Delivery and Total Quality Management; Social & Ethical Accounting and Auditing; Corporate Social Responsibility, Micro-Credit and Micro-Enterprise Development:, Organisational Change and Performance; and Women and Development; Peter is a co-author of a Dispute Resolution manual; research, designed and published a corporate governance measurement tool; and designed a Social and Ethical Accountability Model (SEAM); designed and developed a Savings Clubs Product for remote and rural communities throughout the South Pacific; Wrote and published a Credit Unions Operations Manual for the South Pacific.
Peter is also currently:
- Judge, NSW Small Business Awards, Regional Small Business Awards
- Judge, ClubsNSW Awards
- Pacific Region Development Adviser, Credit Union Foundation Australia
- Board member, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Australia
- Treasurer, International Youth Program Asia-Pacific
- Chair, GBS Technology Ltd
- Local Controller, Ashfield-Leichhardt State Emergency Services
- President, School Council, Ashfield Boys High School
- Editorial Board Member, Pacific Economic Journal, Australian National University
- Director, Executive Committee Member, SIDS & kids NDW
- Justice of the Peace (NSW)